FREE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE
The free baggage allowances on scheduled international flights are as follows from 1st November 2015:
BUSINESS CLASS 40 kg (88 pounds)
ECONOMY CLASS 30 kg (66 pounds)
INFANTS: Infants paying only 10% of the applicable air fare are not entitled to any free baggage allowance.
Please observe that the weight of your unchecked baggage/cabin baggage is part of you free baggage allowance.
The following Articles may be carried free of charge over and above the Fre Baggage Allowance
- A lady’s handbag, pocket book or purse, which is appropriate to normal traveling dress and which is not being used as a container to carry articles which would otherwise be regarded as baggage.
- An overcoat wrap or blanket
- An umbrella or walking stick
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars
- A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight
- Infant’s food for consumption in flight and infant’s carrying basket
- An invalid’s fully collapsible wheelchair and/or crutches or other prosthetic device for the passenger’s use provided the passenger is dependant on them
All other articles - such as flight bags, briefcases, typewriters, ladies vanity cases, large size cameras, etc… - will be weighed and, if applicable, excess baggage charges will be levied.
Unchecked Baggage/cabin Baggage - Special Regulations
- Regulations issued by the Drukair Corporation stipulate that your cabin baggage must be placed under the seat in front of your own. Therefore the overall dimensions are limited to 45 + 35 + 20 cm (17 ½ + 13 ½ +8 inches). The weight must not exceed 5 kg (11 pounds)
- These regulations shall ensure that the cabin baggage will not impede evacuation of aircraft cabin in case of emergency.
- Please consider this when packing your baggage and kindly ensure that any item exceeding the above limitations is sent as checked baggage.
- Spot checks will be performed during embarkation to ensure that these regulations are being followed
Excess Baggage Charges out of Singapore
Below is the excess baggage charges for flights out of Singapore.
||Excess Baggage Charges
||S$14 per kg
||S$12 per kg
*Updated 15 June 2013
Please note that all excess baggage charges are to be paid with cash at Drukair’s the check-in counters at Terminal 1, Row 9, Changi Airport Singapore.